Christmas Lights Market Terms & Conditions
Times and Payment
- The market opening times are 6pm – 9.00pm
- Unless advised by an event marshall you shall not finish trading before the end of the market
- Stalls are setup in Leek Market Place
- You will be allocated a time slot between 4pm and 5pm to arrive and unload
- Your stall is not reserved until payment is made and will be allocated on a first paid basis
- No refunds will be given once you have been accepted and paid for your stall
- In the event of the market being cancelled in advance of the day a full refund will be issued
- In the event of the market being cancelled during the evening we reserve the right to issue a pro rata refund or no refund depending on the time
- Access for unloading is via Sheep Market or Market Place and you will be advised of which is relevant to you
- Please ensure you have removed your vehicle by 5:30pm at the latest.
- Please help us avoid congestion by moving your vehicle as soon as you have unloaded. Please be aware of other vehicles needing access past you at all times.
- Car parking will be available for traders in Pay & Display car parks nearby and these are free in the evening
- You are solely responsible for moving your goods to your and from your stall. To fulfil your obligations under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations it is best practice to bring a trolley or truck if your goods are heavy or bulky
- You are provided with a 3x3m gazebo with back and sides setup with 2 6ft x 2ft tables. The stall will be lit with electric lights.
- We cannot provide additional electric outlets for additional lighting or equipment.
- If you are trading from a vehicle or trailer you will need your own power source.
- Generators must have a current risk assessment and fuel must be kept securely locked away from the generator in a suitable container.
- Lots of lovely local independent cafes to serve refreshments nearby….shop local!
- No chairs supplied. Please bring your own if you fancy
Stall holder’s responsibilities
- Just in case there may be bad weather, we do have side panels that attach to the gazebos. It is your responsibility to secure your work, display stands etc from the elements so come prepared.
- At the end of the day, we don’t want any litter rustling around our lovely town, so please take it with you….pretty please!